Motivation for Small Man is at an all time low - and I'm running out of ideas to keep him interested.....
Even though he knows there is major change coming for him, to try and find the energy and make the effort to get through each day has hit a real low
NAGGING HIM WILL NEVER HELP - NEVER - In fact it will make the situation so much worse it's not even within a million miles of a possibility or solution
So what to do
I'm struggling myself
The last few days haven't been great for me physically
Roll on the end of November - but then not - because that brings us very close to then end of the school year for SM
I have had in depth discussions with his teacher and he has urged me not to push, try and encourage if possible but definitely not nag/push.....
He will be assesed on the work he has done......
I just don't want him to look back and feel disappointed
Next year - who knows
I can't even think about it - if I had to make a decision today based on how he has been recently the decision would definitely be to take at least a year off - or to do one subject via college via open learning.....
I just don't know :(
G
x♥x
4 comments:
Stress ,stress and more stress.My heart goes out to you both.♥
I'm sorry to hear about SM. I don't know if this is applicable or not - but when my sons got to similar states, I always tried to get them to focus, even temporarily, on something they were enthusiastic about. When it came to homework and #2 son, for example, I used to prompt him with "If you get your homework done in time, I'll help you. for a while, with that motorbike you're rebuilding."
I figure there has to be SOMETHING that lights SM's fire.
Nat ~ Thank you ♥ We did have some happy arrive in the form of his friend Michael last night - he stayed the night, which always helps
Lou ~ I think I have tried every trick in the book, he has struggled to find motivation for so long now, pretty much the last year has been the worst :(
Even breaking it down to just doing one thing from one subject per day has been too.
I'm considering cash bribes...
G
x♥x
I think it's that time of year, when everyone is tired, stretched to breaking point and beyond endurance.
(((Hugs))) Take a deep breath - then exhale, rinse and repeat - and remind yourself that you need to be kind to yourself and have a day off on your terms xxx.
Post a Comment