A journal of my life. If you are looking for the poetic, the profound or the insightful you are probably in the wrong place!
Friday, May 24, 2013
Phew.....
Our GP appointment went so well....
I was very nervous as he is new (to us) and to present a new GP with some slightly controversial thoughts and ideas is scary (to me)
He took us very seriously, and said, we should not discount a diagnosis of Lyme as a possibility ~ considering the length of time we have both been unwell, the sometimes random symptoms I have had that have come and gone and come back but fit Lyme perfectly.
These things are too specific to Lyme for us to ignore.
My thyroid issues, hormonal imbalance, Lichen Sclerosis, weight loss then gain, pins and needles in my head, feeling like I am tipping backwards when I walk up steps (more recent), reflux, agoraphobic type feeling, brain fog, fatigue, orthostatic intolerance, dental issues since it started (god knows how many fillings I had over the first few years), skin rash (3 different diagnosis's for this one), tachycardia, curved fingernails:
Hip pain that comes and goes but when it's here it's insane, exercise intolerance, night sweats, constant sinus issues....I could go on and on...
For Small Man it's profound fatigue, headaches, exercise intolerance, anxiety, heat intolerance, knee pain, streak type rash on his back, hypermobile joints, orthostatic intolerance, tachycardia, night sweats, brain fog.....
The symptoms can come and go, and are different in everyone.
For some the neurological symptoms are the most disturbing and are often treated with unnecessary psychiatric medications, that won't work.
For others (like myself) they are diagnosed incorrectly with Lupus/MS/ME (which I have always known didn't fit btw) and are given steroid medications which can make Lyme worse...as I was, until I stopped taking it.
I was, on the other hand, prescribed Plaqenil, an anti malarial drug which may have helped a little.
The reactions I have had to antibiotics (getting much worse in the initial 48 hours) could actually be what is called a 'Herx' reaction - this is a reaction to treatment for Lyme. From what I have read the worse you 'Herx' the more it's helping, and the better you will feel after a course of treatment.
I didn't just jump at this because it fit, it all fell into my lap, I researched and researched for days, reading everything I could find, the more I read, the more it made sense.
Not sure how I am going to feel if we both have it.
Especially Small Man.
To know he has had something treatable for the last 7 years....
I am NEVER going to accept that this is all there is for my baby, I will keep going until he is better, no matter how that comes about
G
x♥x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment