Monday, August 25, 2008

The Dinner....

So the day went like......
Packing and ready to go by 11am.
Would have been earlier but Big A decided to come down with the flu the day before :-(

The hire car was a good size - a Camry (screams old people but a good size for two big boys in the back!)....
One stop at Big A's favourite takeaway - Epping Forest - where he feasted on chicken dim sims, garlic chicken ball thingies, flathead fillets......I had a chicken salad wrap - I'm exciting like that!
Stopped for a ciggie break half way at St Peters pass.....
Arrived in Hobart at around 1.45pm....just in time to check in.

Big A was feeling pretty ordinary by then.....
Our rooms were adjoining with the boys which was cool!
We chilled out for 30 - 45 minutes.......got the laptop plugged in and cranked up....
Then grabbed our gear and headed downstairs to the pool/gym.
Big A had a sauna to start with while the boys swam....
I hit the gym......well the exercise bike, then the rowing machine.
They swam for ages!
By the time we finished/showered/changed it was around 4.30pm.
The dinner started at 7pm.

We logged onto Domino's online and ordered the boys pizza for tea - they were starving after all that swimming!
While they waited for that I showered and applied another coat of my moisturising bronzer - a light gradual tan that removes my ghostliness just enough.....
The pizza arrived!
I blow dried and straightened my hair....
Time for a ciggie break.....
Back upstairs to put the face on....
I was in 'evening' mode so it was liquid eyeliner...the works....
Then time for the curlers....I know, straight then curly.....go figure!
I curled the bottom 1/3 of my hair...
Sort out the appropriate 'gut busting' underwear for under the dress.....
Time to get the curlers out/dress on.....
Not really liking the shoes by then, but could never allow myself to commit the sin of wearing open toed shoes with stockings...nuh uh!!

In the mean time Big A is showered and dressed...men!!!
6.4opm - I'm all ready to meet the other guys for pre-dinner drinks at 6.45pm...

So we trot downstairs,
I have a quick scotch and coke - was actually nervous for some reason....
Big A had already said "I hope that little f*cker isn't going to be there".....
We go and find our seats in a big room, with blue lighting and little stars on a backdrop - eerie but pretty.....on our tables are our programmes for the evening.......

And guess who was sitting at the table next to ours?
That little F*cker - the Premier of TAS - ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

We were sitting with the general manager of Big A's company and his wife, another manager and his wife, another manager and his wife, and another adult apprentice and his wife. Good job I'm so posh eh! Ha ha ha!

This is getting long......will post part two later!!!


G
xxx

9 comments:

Jayne said...

Yay, sounds like fun was had!
Can't wait for part 2 ;)

Myst_72 said...

Thanks Jayne,

I thought maybe the story was dragging out a bit!

G
xx

Lceel said...

No, No. Not dragging out at all. More, more!!

Unknown said...

sounds exciitng and fun.......will be back for part two.....

Kathie said...

Am waiting for part 2!

Anonymous said...

Tell me you got drunk and referred to the Little Fucker as Little Fucker.

Myst_72 said...

Lou ~ I'll do part 2 tonite!

Lisa ~ Thank you - it was fun!

Faerie ~ :-)

Warriorwoman ~ Nah...had to keep Big A on his best behaviour, not cos of Little Fucker...but cos we were sitting with the GM of his company...I was in charge of pinching him under the table if he started down the wrong track!

Anonymous said...

You couldn't have incited the GM to call the Little Fucker the Little Fucker? You're creative, I know you are.

Myst_72 said...

Witchypoo~ I could have....Big A was going to go over, introduce himself and say..."so what do you do? are you here for an apprentice award?" Ha ha!
He looks about 18, short, boyish and kept checking his mobile all of the time under the table.
And he's the premier of our state!

G
xx