Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nearly chickened out....



It's hard to believe this was only 5 years and almost 20 kgs ago.........
Taken on Hamilton Island in 2003.
I almost chickened out posting this - but I thought nope - this is my goal!!!


I went from fearless helicopter rides......
To barely wanting to leave the house.....


It's amazing the effect weight gain has on your whole 'being'.
So far nothing I have tried has worked until now.
It is a sensible eating plan.....just very low carb, higher protein - hey you can even have a rasher of bacon!

If anyone would like a copy of the 7 day plan that I have email me (pooky_bear_me@hotmail.com) I'll scan it and send to you!

G
xxx

22 comments:

Cyndy said...

Yegods girl, that's buff!!! Healthy and happy is good; remember that sometimes goalposts can be heartbreaking; the end doesn't always justify the means. You will still be you, but hopefully, happy.

Jayne said...

Good on you!
Yep, been staying indoors a lot for various reasons but weight is one of them.
Slowly attacking my exercise bike....

Anonymous said...

YOU GO.. GIRL!!!
Some sexy female there with well defined muscles I noticed??? Too cool..
Send me the diet, please....
There may be hope for me yet..

Why can't 'people' do their allotted tasks efficiently and not stuff up your orders? I think there are a lot of 'wankers' out there. No. I don't think, I'm sure..
Sending healing vibes to Small Man.
Cheers,
Deell.

Anonymous said...

You're taking charge and that's the most important step of the journey. You should be proud of yourself.

Anonymous said...

you're hot stuff. I can see why you want to get back to that size.

I can't wait until my fat loss is done. 140 lbs here I come.

I am sending you an email now.

Myst_72 said...

Cyndy ~ Thank you. Healthy and happy is definitely the aim. I'm looking at it as more a motivational thing than a goal really - my way of thinking is I have done it before....:-)

Jayne ~ Thank you - it's interesting how things affect us. Go the exercise bike!!

Dell ~ Not sure how I got those muscles! I was actually heavier in that photo than my lowest weight in 2000 of 54kgs (too thin). The guy in accounts would agree with you there....me too...too many chains to follow couriers, warehouse people, trains, boats...bah! Small Man is a little better today :-)

Anja ~ Thank you! I'm giving it a red hot go, as nothing has worked so far

Warriorwoman ~ It's interesting how much more confident you feel when you are happy with your weight.
You are going great guns - all that gym work is incredible and will help everything pop back into place!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm bacon.

Gimme gimme gimme!!

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous. You look like someone from that British show "Look good naked!". Go get your life back, girl! I was never good at sticking to plans. The best time I ever lost lots of weight was good old fashioned calorie counting - so keep an eye on those as you follow the plan!

Praying from Small Man. Tell him to be a cool dude - and he's going to have to be like an Olympic swimmer or a Melbourne Cup horse: learn to pace!

Blessings and bliss

Myst_72 said...

Miss Eagle ~ Aww...thank you...!
We're trying to pace him, just some days there is a lot on at once, and it catches up really fast :-(

The Tall Red Head said...

Ohhhh, hot as! How come you got away with no stretch marks!! Bitch!!

Am going to start the eating plan today..I look forward to bacon! I love bacon.

Myst_72 said...

Good stuff!

Let me know how you go, don't be tempted to weigh yourself every day...

Yeah there are a few stretchies there....don't forget I've had some of mine for 17 years! They've faded!
Old bag that I am....ha ha ha!

G
xx

Lceel said...

Hubba. Hubba. Hubba. I mean HUBBA, HUBBA, HUBBA!!! I was going to write something else, but blogger doesn't let me do strikethroughs. That said, suddenly my mouth waters and my hands take on a claw-like appearance and they assume a sympathy pose - in sympathy to the shapes they see displayed before them -and they're trying to express an ardent desire to.. well, maybe I'd better not.

But just let me say "YEOWZA". which is enthusiastic Southern for "Yes SIR!!" although there is no 'SIR' involved.

Myst_72 said...

Lou ~ Ha ha ha! You're a crack up!

G
xx

moneythoughts said...

Great picture! Shows a lot of muscle tone. There is so much junk food out there it is hard to stay fit. I retired almost 3 yrs ago and gained weight. When I hit 204 pounds at my doctor's office in February, I decided to start stepping on my scale every day and bringing my weight down. I am down to 185, but think at 65, I don't need to be carrying around that much. (At 185 though, I don't look like a mark.) I love to ride my bike (cycling), and would like to be doing it at 175. When I was drawing live models and in charge of hiring the models for the sketch group, I would have loved to have had an opportunity to sketch you, as I am sure the other members of the art club would have. Good luck with your diet, you are a very attractive women, and I have been looking at women for 65 plus years.

Christy said...

Girl!!! You look great!

I am a buff woman myself--sometimes--and I think it makes you feel sexier to be a competent athlete.

I'm back in the gym myself....

Audubon Ron said...

Lceel said I needed to come over and take a look at your rack. You're laying down, so rack inspection is a little difficult. However, your face is pretty. Not sure I know what a kgs is, besides, I'm really only here for the stories.

Elizabeth said...

Lou's description of you ("A woman of strength, physically fit and confident...") inspired me to come over and say good morning.

You are more than capable of reaching your goals... go for it! :)

Crimzen Creative said...

You look great - Lou is such a little Devil..heehee!

Eve Grey said...

Wow, gorgeous photo. I saw your link on LouCell's blog & came to check it out. Can I please have a copy of your 7 day plan pretty please?

Queen Goob said...

Lou sent me and I must say I would love a copy of the diet. (Diet....just the word die with a "t" at the end.)

I've gain about 30 pounds (9 kgs) in the past two years and it SUCKS!

We're with ya so hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I feel you pain!
Gorgeous photo though.
Good for you that you found a plan that works.
For me it's at 12 kilos to go & if you don't mind sending me that plan, I would highly appreciate it.
Carbs are what kill me as well :(
I will get started eating different as soon as hubby is working somewhere again.

Myst_72 said...

Dear Moneythoughts, Christy, Audabon Ron, Elizabeth, Lady Language, Eve Grey, Queen Goob and Nicole....

Thank you all so much for your kind words - it sure has helped me stay on track (I'm serious!) and feel so much better - my confidence has had a battering lately.

You're all awesome,

G
xx

p.s. If you would like a copy of the plan please email me: pooky_bear_me@hotmail.com