I'm tired today
I've hit a bit of a wall in all departments
Unfocused, can't be bothered, don't care.......
I'm sure it will pass
Quickly would be good
.
Yesterday was a bit stressful for Small Man
We had an appointment already booked with our GP to discuss the ultrasound results and what to do next.
He didn't really say what the result was, and the rude bastards from imaging had said it was difficult to get an image because of Small Man's 'body composition' or some attempt at pretending to be polite about his weight.
Perhaps if the lazy cow that did the ultrasound actually gave a stuff she would have got him to stand up, like they did the first time he had an ultrasound. I could feel some 'assuming' going on in the ultrasound room that day.
Whatever.
Assume what you like, but do your job love.....
Anyway our GP wanted SM to have some further blood tests (mostly liver function) before sending him to a gastroenterologist. Unfortunately the lovely gastro doc that I saw a few years back has gone :(
So we'll need to find a new one.
We went for the blood test after our appointment. SM has been a bit nervous before blood tests after the last half a dozen he has had weren't the best, missed veins, having to start again, having to get someone else in to 'have a go' etc - it never used to bother him before all of this
So once again the nurse couldn't find his vein after poking around a bit on his right side, so then had to start again on the left side.
That was ok, all done, no problem.
We then had to go back to the GP's rooms to see one of the other nurses to fill out his 'care plan' paperwork which took quite a while.
We have opted for 'no appointments' for now - we can have exercise physiology, occupational therapy etc etc
None of that is any good while he is focusing on school.
His chronic fatigue is such that an appointment one day usually means no school the next day - so that's 2 days missed for one appointment.
Also - he is due for his 'grade 10' vaccination.
No big deal for any healthy kid but I am concerned.
There have been medications that our GP won't give him because of his liver function, but he is happy to give him a vaccination.
I'm sure he knows what he is doing and that I am just overly concerned.
Lets hope so.
We finally got home after nearly two hours at the doctors surgery and the phone rings - they didn't get enough blood for his tests - so now we have to go back down there again today and go through it again.
Which would be easier if he wasn't exhausted.
Looks like it's going to be later today.
Big A is away at the moment doing a course for work.
The course is in Burnie so he is given accomodation etc from Monday to Friday for the next two weeks.
I am thinking I might go down and spend the night tomorrow night.
It's approximately an hour and a half's drive but tomorrow fits in with Small Man for school etc.
I will see how I go tomorrow.
I need to get it together today first!
G
x♥x

5 comments:
Your story is just like a blog friend of mine in the UK. Her blog is The Furry Monkey.. a bloody eye opener. Incompetence was a word seldom used. Now I could use it in every sentence!!! Keep going. You are a survivor and will win in the end. Love,
Dell.
Being at the mercy of medical red tape IS exhausting. xx♥
I hope the stupid medicos do a better job this time. They are so frustrating, I know that they do this all the time and its no biggie for them, but some of us have issues with all their probing and would like it done once and properly. I have recently been diagnosed with CFS and I feel for your little boy. There are days I just cannot get outta bed.
I know how easy it is to get frustrated with medical processes and procedures that never seem to be properly administered. Patience, my love. Take a deep breath and keep looking forward. One step at a time. One.
xoxoxox
I took my younger man to a wonderful paediatric gastroenterologist at The Children's Hospital at Randwick: he was fabulous, and although he's probably a bit too far for you guys to travel, I'm sure that he might be able to refer you to a good doc. His name is Avi (Daniel) Lemburg.
GOod luck, G. You're making progress, even though it seems that it's not the case.
Hang in there! xoxoxox
Post a Comment