Friday, January 25, 2008

For whom the bell tolls

And at 5pm the bell did toll - to let me know certain people are on holidays for TWO WHOLE weeks, as of 5pm this afternoon - "Giggity, giggity, giggity!"

I can't believe how relieved I feel!

We have put in an almighty effort this week, with 6 new starters for our team (plus four for the other area), one definitely starting next week and I'm waiting on results for another.
It strikes me as very interesting, that every person that has called me has started except for one - the report I had was that she didn't have transport and sounded 'stoned' - fair call!

In the past I have been ripped to shreds over leads she has spoken to and passed on, that haven't started. Makes me wonder if it isn't that initial phone call that puts them off?
You have to know how to 'read' each caller, work out their motivation, and enthuse the caller from that angle....for example one lady said she was in it for the exercise, not the money. I explained what excellent motivation it can be, and gave her a few examples.
It's not hard. And it's not the time to start lecturing them either, I say we 'aim towards' this or our 'goal' is blah blah, not 'you will be expected to'.

Admittedly I was a bit nervous, and rusty, I haven't taken calls from ads in ages!! It has cured my phone-a-phobia somewhat though. And has given me a chance to connect with one of the other managers in Launceston, who I thought was fair up the Almighty's cracker - it seems not. I'm still careful what I say, answering any questions simply with the facts, not idle gossip - I sms Toni & Mary all of my conspiracy theories - and get some hilarious replies!

Gee wizz it's been a busy week, I feel like my own personal call centre, mobile and landline (both numbers) seem to be going continually!
Feeling slightly better, rib not so bad, cold not so bad - just trying to hold back from 'over doing' it. Oh but I want to!!!!!

It was very nice of the man at the post office to point out the massive herpe in the middle of my lip - thanks dude, probably wouldn't have known it was there if you didn't point it out!!!
Also he looked very strangely at my Rose Cottage pentagram - what did he think I was going to do, turn him into a toad!!! I wear it almost every day, because I love it, and feel kind of protected in it, like I have all of you gorgeous girls with me when I'm slightly freaking out about going into the shopping centre.

G
xx


1 comment:

The Tall Red Head said...

Don't Ya love people that point out the pointedly obvious? I get on average 5 times a night at the pub, "God, your tall aren't you?" like I hadn't noticed. Knobs.

Had fun last night. Will be working from 6-close tonight and 11am-10pm tomorrow!!! Crap, I'm gonna be stuffed!