Thursday, July 24, 2014

~Walk A Mile, then walk back again~


I am very sensitive to perceived criticism regarding my parenting choices and decisions

Let's face it I have had some doozies over the years, and I always seem to be 'first'

I have dealt with severe anxiety, ADHD, eating disorders, bed wetting, speech therapy, occupational therapy, hand writing issues, psychologists, psychiatrists, gastric band surgery, dieticians, endocrinologists, cardiologists, medications, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, paediatricians, audiologists, pathologists....the list goes on (I'm sure I've missed a few).
Basically 23 years of appointments, challenges, issues, always, constantly and with very little help from anyone (husbands not included).

I had no idea what I was doing but my god I have tried, and persevered and almost won with all of it except the eating disorder that has plagued Barney for 18 years.
I don't think I could have possibly done any more.
I feel that I have been heavily criticised for not doing more for him?
That it's in some way behavioural! and that makes me feel sick with anger and hurt.


Tread carefully when you are questioning parents about their choices or decisions, you never know what you might have to face with your own children or grandchildren.

💕G 💋

1 comment:

angela said...

We are our children's only mother. Therefor we are the best. Only we know our kids and we know what's best for them.