Saturday, June 16, 2007

THE MYST EXPLAINED...



So why the Myst?
The Myst is my description for the fog in my brain, which I was fighting with when I named my blog.
I have been told I have Lupus, I'm still not 100% convinced of this but am going with it for now (not in denial it just doesn't quite fit).
'Brain Fog' is pretty common with Lupus, CFS, MS - hard to describe but imagine the feeling when you first wake up in the morning, say after a broken night's sleep and you're really not awake - but you get up anyway....
....it's kind of like that only all day, and can last for several days...or longer.

My latest episode has dragged on for over a week - I long for the clarity of a good day!

6 comments:

The Tall Red Head said...

God, I feel like a whinger complaining about my bub now! Lupus is terrible, I have a friend who suffrs from it. I have booked bub into a allergy clinic to test her for all these things. I am thinking it may be something along those lines. She is Milk intolerant and suffers from rashes etc. Thanks for your advice!!

Myst_72 said...

Hi - please don't feel like a whinger, I think a sick baby is very more serious, especially when you don't know the cause. Anything that is a problem for you can't be measured against the problems of another. I feel like a bit of a 'fraud' as far as Lupus goes, none of my major organs have been affected, there are so many people suffering badly with this, and most people have never heard of it! After reading your blog I just got to thinking....my friends son has coeliac disease, she diagnosed him herself in the end as the doctors weren't a great deal of help, he was so sick poor little guy, now he's a picture of health but will remain on a gluten free diet for the rest of his life. Before she figured out what was wrong, she would give him weet-bix or bread crusts as she thought something so bland would settle his tummy, it was, in hindsight like giving him poison. There seems to be so much more occurrence of babies with intolerance to food these days - I wonder why that is? I really wish you all the best. G xx

Myst_72 said...

...'very more serious'....oops. Sorry I meant to say 'very serious'...

The Tall Red Head said...

I think there are so many intolerence's around now because people are eating so may chemicals and crap in their food. In the "good old day's" all you ate was pure fresh food. It is hard to get anything now that doesn't have stuff in it. Bread is not meant to last a week!! Toni xx

Severina said...

Yipppeeeeeee just about to put your link up xx

Myst_72 said...

Thank you precious!

G
xxx