
I seem to have picked up quite a lot this afternoon, after a huge sleep - I'm sure that helps, sleeping it off.
HJ's simply couldn't cope with Z17 coming in at 6pm tonight - they rang him at 3pm (he was in class) to ask if he'd come in at 3.30pm - uh nah!!
I managed to get him there at 4.30pm - that should keep them happy.
On the way we talked about school - especially a questionnaire I have to fill in about what he's doing next year.
One of the questions is for the reasons he isn't likely to attend college next year - with a section on "dissatisfaction with the school" - gee where would I start.
The principal still hasn't returned my email or addressed the issues I raised with him.
The so called 'contract' that Z17 was supposed to be on from week one of this term hasn't happened either.
Z17's view on this was that I "owned him too hard" (the principal, in the email I sent) - hmm maybe I did 'own him a bit hard' ha ha the way they talk these kids it's hysterical!
The end of college term is approaching rapidly (Nov 6th is the final day) - I need to know that Z17 is on track - but if I can't even get a response from the principal....
Z17 is sort of considering the possibility of completing the retail certificate with HJ's - so that 'if I ever want to open my own computer store I'll have a retail certificate' - it can't hurt, at all.
I have suggested he may want to go back to school part time next year to complete a small business course or similar if he's leaning towards his own business.
We'll try and get an IT trainee ship for him in the mean time.
Just in case anyone was holding their breath on news about Xenical for Small Man - nothing/zip/zero news.
He is going in leaps and bounds school wise, and has wowed them all with a presentation he made, his own design of a space ship.
He has an excursion coming up soon, and wants to go - this is a breakthrough.
We are getting some tree trimming done - one afternoon with Big A and a chainsaw.....and, well, we need someone to come in and do it. Some of the trees are interfering with the phone/power line but they're on our property.
We had a guy come and give us a quote - $460 - WHAT?
He told Big A it would take him about 5 hours....right......that's like $90 an hour - jeez I'm in the wrong job.
So with that I thought o.k. whatever, if that's what it costs....mind you I could have new curtains for that, or a drain put in out the back which would enable me to start landscaping - but anyway it has to be done.
Big A is at work yesterday and one of his bosses hands him a cheque - for $350 - we have no idea what it's for!!!
So we were saved most of the cost - yay!
So that's it from me today,
G
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment