
So I am doing a bbq for the party.
Hamburgers and sausages, chicken burgers and chicken wings.
I am allowing 2 hamburgers per adult, one per child.
Same with the sausages I think.
So around 100 of each.
Not cheap shitty ones either - am getting these from the butcher.
I think that should be o.k.!
The chicken burgers are an extra - and the wings I'll have cooking when people arrive as a bit of an entree.
I'll do potato salad and coleslaw, and a lettuce salad with tomato/cheese/and stuff.
Undecided on beetroot etc as well.....
I'm getting ten loaves of bread.
Which works out to be approx 160 - 170 slices - more than two slices per person.
For dessert I'm doing chocolate ripple cake and trifle.
I have decided to make these up in individual tubs (like the small round tubs you get at the deli with salad in).
That way I can make sure the portions are even, it's easier to transport/refrigerate and more hygienic (think snotty nosed kids shoving their fingers in it).
If I get enough tubs within my budget I may even do the coleslaw and potato salad in these too - would save trying to cart big bowls of stuff to the venue.....
That's the only bit I'm stuck on.
Do I go 50/50 with trifle/ripple cake, or is one more poular than the other...hmmm!
With any leftover jelly/custard I'll do some jelly/custard tubs or cups for the little un's.
I am doing some lolly bags for the kids to take home as well.
So hopefully it will be all enough food, and all o.k.
And everyone will have fun and feel some Christmas spirit :)}
G
xx
5 comments:
I'm laughing here. That should be enough food woman.
I vote for more potatoe salad than coleslaw. Coleslaw is ok but far too often people don't know how to make a good one. I've only had one or two, in my lifetime, that have been memorable.
That's my unasked for opinion :)
I hope you get everything done on time and get lots of help and have a great time.
Just a question here...if the powers that be are throwing a party then why are you cooking? Should they not provide catering?
I think potato salad always goes before coleslaw...but I may be wrong, I hate coleslaw :)
Warriorwoman ~ what do you think about chocolate ripple cake versus trifle? I have found a good recipe to make the coleslaw from scratch. Big A reckons I'll 'never' do all of this on a $400 budget - just watch me!!
Chelle ~ I pretty much am the 'powers that be' on this one with some funding from head office. The party we're getting for reaching $60k in sales will be all done by the big boss, next year some time :)
Ripple cake or trifle?
G
xx
Ahhhhh....I see.
Go chocolate ripple, not everyone likes trifle....actually I dont know anyone under 60 who likes trifle...hmmmmm
Chelle ~ lots of them are over 60 - so I should have it just right - ha ha!
G
xx
Post a Comment