Thursday, January 15, 2009

Frustrating times, tests and more tests


My appointment went o.k.

I think....

GP is sending me to a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy.

He seems to feel these lumps are lipomas - but wants me to have the colonoscopy first before doing anything else with them.

My blood tests had a few out of range levels (lymphocytes, eGFR) and my IgE (food intolerance) level was 80 - normal range is less than 25.

That's fine but the specific tests for allergies didn't show one food group that I am sensitive to - so it was pretty much a waste of time in that respect - I was disappointed I just want to know what not to eat then I won't eat it - simple.

The haematologist put a few notes in with my test results asking for me to be re-tested in 4-6 weeks.
He has written 'Lymphocytosis? Reactive viral? Early lymphoproliferative disorder?' and another comment on kidney function and my results there.

So who knows.

I guess I'll find out.

Thank heavens for private health insurance - or I'd have had to wait AGES.

G
xx


5 comments:

Natalie said...

I suppose it is a worrying time for you love. It is good that things are turning up though and not just wondering all the time. Be even better if you knew what not to eat like you said - BLAH!

Thinking of you and sending a hug.xo

Myst_72 said...

Natalie ~ Thank you so much, you're a sweetheart - I am feeling a bit weird tonight come to think of it.
I definitely would have settled for 'Just don't eat ... and you'll be fine'.

G
xx

Jayne said...

(((hugs))) hope it all turns out ok for you, G.

Michelle said...

Everything seems to take forever when its medical doesnt it. You could maybe try cutting some stuff yourself in the meantime, like wheat or dairy, and see if it makes a difference?

xxx

Myst_72 said...

Jayne ~ thank you :)

Chelle ~ I have tried cutting wheat completely a few times over a longer period without noticing a lot of difference, I know for certain I'm allergic to almonds yet it didn't show up - so I'm a bit baffled.

G
xx