Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mothers Intuition

Small Man HAS sleep apnoea.

Definitely.

Just as I have been saying for the last 2 years....

He's getting a CPAP machine Monday.

Actually the doc seems to think that this is the 'fixer' we need.

And that he may not even need a lap band.

Small Man was so overwhelmed/relieved at the possible light at the end of the tunnel he nearly had tears in his eyes.

As he said "This is the first appointment I have ever been to where something is actually going to get done"

It's been a long 4 years for us.

The docs report shows that he averages 37 disruptions to his sleep per HOUR.
Sleeping on his back - 56 'events' in one hour.....
It should be around 2 for his age.

He feels this is a major factor in his fatigue, no wonder he is exhausted.

I'm SO glad I pushed now....

Roll on Monday so we can get this thing started.
I want my boy to get his life back by whatever means necessary.

Feeling more optimistic than I was this morning....


G
xx

5 comments:

Cyndy said...

Oh thank goodness, Gina. Sleep is good!

Well done xoxoxoxoxo

Jen said...

oh YAY!!!!!

Well done and I am SURE that it will make a difference.

Thinking of you
xoxo ♥

Natalie said...

FANTASTIC! Whoo Hoo! xx♥

Lceel said...

THAT, finally, is good news. And you ARE so a MOM!! Well done, you.

Jayne said...

Yay! That IS good news, finally something tangible and effective :)