So I emailed Dr Matt with the news of the sleep apnoea etc.
I fully expected him to ring me with the old 'Oh well, we will put off the lap band for another 10 years and blah blah'
Quite the opposite
He rang me a few hours later and was thrilled for Small Man, and said it's exactly what he needs to give to the 'board' as a definite reason for SM to be banded - asap. (asap in the medical timeframe is within 12 months I should add)...
Apparently sleep aponea is unusual in SM's age group, and a case of either diabetes (thank god his blood sugar is fine and he doesn't have this), high cholesterol (his cholesterol is fine), fatty liver (which he has) and most importantly sleep aponea will put SM number one on Dr Matt's list for requesting surgery.
I have given it a lot of thought, of course.
Why shouldn't he have both - CPAP and a band.
His weight is going to take some bringing down, with TWO things to help he may well get back to normal faster.
It's not like the last 4 years haven't been long enough for him, lets do it, lets help the poor fellah.
The *gggrrrrrrrrr* CPAP place have booked me in for MONDAY - that's great, except Monday is a HOLIDAY.....so now we have to wait longer........
Yes I am impatient about this part of the process........I want to get it, get him using it, and see how he feels.......
***Added at 9.05am - well I rang the CPAP place. Apparently we DON'T get a public holiday for ANZAC day in Tassie - the pollies rejected it - so the appointment still stands - good, I'm impatient at present.......******
*~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*
Champix ~ Day 7
I have come to the realisation that Champix is affecting my ADD medication.
Actually it's stopping it from working.
Which leads to chaos.....mostly in my head, but then leds to chaos in my environment!
I couldn't work out 'the feeling' it was giving me.....then it hit me.....it was like having a very, very bad ADD day.......all day.......every day.....
I am still persevering with it, hell I've come this far.
I fell off the wagon a bit Wednesday (smoking wise) with all of the news of SM.....
Yesterday I did better but my short term memory and concentration were shot to pieces.
I had a song on in the car while I was driving around for work, it had been on for over half an hour before I realised it was on 'repeat'.......ooops.....derr!!!
I explained to my ladies that I am a bit out of it at the moment, they are great and understanding.
That's the best bit about my job, I am working with people that have known me for years, and they get it.....
G
xx
3 comments:
Isn't going to be great when Kevin Rudd's Health plan takes effect????
We'll all get so much attention.
Small Man will be 20 before that happens!
All good news. Pity you didn't have a very short touch of ADHD.. You'd get thru your day in no time....LOL
Cheering you both on. :)
Good to hear things are happening and action is on the boil at last!
Post a Comment