
Big A snapped this photo of George with his mobile phone camera!
Managed to achieve a bit this afternoon........
Am amazed at how quickly I'm wearing out at the moment.....
Don't want to go for a 'check up' - can't stand getting the same old lecture about how 'this is all you can expect with Lupus' and the only solution is to pump me full of drugs that make me fat fat fat (gained 16kgs with the last lot of steroids and haven't lost even a kilo since - in 4 years) - still have that steroidy look to me which I'm only just able to accept, some days I can't stand the sight of myself.
I went from 56 kilos which is a bit on the low side for my height 167cm - to 72 kilos - the weight sits around my middle/upper back/bust/top of arms.
Yes, it is better to feel good than look good, but the steroids are a mongrel to come off, you end up feeling worse than when you started taking them - but then last time I was on 50mg per day which is a fair bit.
Will see how I go ~ having read the latest energy alert it explains a lot.............
So took Z16 to open his bank account, then went to the op-shop for a quick squizz - he actually found a perfect pair of shoes in fab condition there for work - I did offer to buy new ones but he said they'd be fine....he amazes me with his lack of teenage boy-ish way of thinking! Although he did start to get a touch bored and so poked me in the ribs (gently!) a few times and said 'cattle prod' in other words, keep moving Mum!
He loves his Mum and isn't scared to tell me, doesn't treat me like dirt when his mates are around and doesn't protest too much if asked to do something........he's a blessing alright.
Small Man is sound asleep in my bed, he's been a bit grumpy today.
Funny that I still call him small, even though he's 176cm tall (9cm taller than me) ~ the doctor updated his eventual height estimate to be around 6 foot 6 inches - WHAT!!! We'll have to get the ceiling raised or something - he he! Good job the Big A has replaced our pendant/hanging down style light fitting with down lights!
Better go check the spaghetti sauce....
and pasta that Big A won't need for tea now as he's working back late.........
G
xoxox
2 comments:
we really do have to catch up for a coffee one day ! xx
We do - I mean should! Have dreamt about you twice recently Sev, nothing too specific just talking - unusual for me to be talking to someone I've never met in dreams...! G x
Post a Comment