
Mum has asked me to write a speech for her retirement - next Friday!
I have the basic gist of what I want to say - but I'm stuck on an opening.....
I know the opening should be some sort of welcome/thank you/good morning type thing but...how do I put it best?
I want to then go on to say something along the lines of "When faced with the challenge of summing up my time here in a few words I was....."
"I feel fortunate to have had such an amazing, diverse group of people to work with over the years, especially Mary/Joe/Bob etc for their humour/patience/entertainment etc and Brenda/Kath/Jim etc for being supportive/kind/thoughtful etc and so on.....
I'm not going to fill it all in, some of it needs to be Mums words.
I show/say how I feel a bit more than Mum does.
When AW left my team a few months ago I was hardly able to speak with emotion!
Mum is sweet, kind, gentle and caring but doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve if you know what I mean.
So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.......!
G
xxx
8 comments:
I got nothing, but good luck.
The thought of public speaking makes me break out in a sweat. And I haven't any ideas for you either... What you have so far sounds good though.
And I havent had a flu shot, one of the women at work had it and she was so sick she had to have 4 weeks off work! I think I am just worn out, had a shitful few weeks, and stopping the pill has completely stuffed me up. Pain is back with a vegence :(
Good Luck with the speech!
Jayne ~ same here, and thank you!
Toni ~ Yes, I'm happier doing the writing than doing the speaking for sure!
Big a had a similar thing with a flu shot years ago - but others swear by it.
Going off the pill....cysts....don't tell me....I know where you are on that.
Something about this time of year I think - Big A pointed out it's my worst time of year (gee and here I was thinking I'm crap all year round - ha ha!!!).
Get better soon!!!!
Was going to drag you out shopping one day, but just ordered some stuff online in desperation! But hey I may need a few more things...!
G
xxx
I always like it when it's opened with a quote. As in, "So and so once said...", or whatever. There's a great site called the quote garden that has millions, and it's organised into heaps of categories so it's easy to find what you're looking for. It's at www.quotegarden.com
Let us know how it goes.
Good Luck!
xXx
Jacqui ~ Good idea - thank you!
G
xx
Look at this. Just look. I find it hard to believe that all of you have gathered here because of me. I know. It's the free beer.
and on, and on, and on.
Lou ~ ha ha ha! Free beer! Free coffee or tea and scones more like it! You're a rummen!
G
xx
I always thought working mothers were an inspiration to their children. You could talk about how her working made a difference to both her and you.
Post a Comment