Sunday, November 9, 2008

Well...!


I managed to be up before 8am yesterday (Saturday) - and was up at 7am this morning - I know.....the horror! It's almost unheard of for me to be up this early on the weekend.....

I had one of my ladies coming to pick her order up yesterday - and it had to be by 9am...so....

I then spent a few hours tackling the wilderness that is my garden.
I managed to get a lot done (not that anyone else would probably notice), I worked flat out and was pleased I didn't get ravaged by snakes in the process.

Our block is almost an acre, it is only partly landscaped.
We have a large fenced off section at the top of the block which used to be home to Banjo - our sheep.
We aren't planning on getting another sheep - so we are looking at our options for the area.
Three block slopes upwards and is on three levels - I'd like to dig into the top level far back enough to make a nice flat good sized area that could be decked or paved for 'outdoor living'.
We don't have a 'back lawn' only a front one - the back yard is currently a paved area between the house and a rock retaining wall - the yard then slopes up to the fenced sheep area, which is relatively flat.
This will take a lot of work to achieve - but that's o.k. with me!
Not to mention the excavation costs....

I am hosting a meeting Tuesday night for work, to plan our Christmas function etc.
So I have been having a little 'spring clean' catch up on dusting and bathrooms - just the vacuuming and a few little jobs to go - my most hated chore - vacuuming (even with a Dyson) where are those fairies when you need them?
At least I don't have to cook for two days prior to the meeting this time.
New boss thought my idea of Chinese takeaway or something was an excellent one,
and having the meeting at night time when people are actually available equally good.
We're going to get along fine.
It is so good to work with someone as like minded, realistic and flexible as she is.

This morning I was up early as Z17 started work at 9am - we leave home 25 minutes before he starts to ensure we are there 10 minutes before his start time, as they request.
He's finishing at 2pm today - so no late night trips out tonight for a change!

We have a few things to chase up for college tomorrow.
So we'll have a trip in there tomorrow to drop things off and enquire about next year.
Then Z17 can relax for a minute.
I am actually a lot more relaxed knowing that he's finished - just the report to be received - and I have no idea what to expect.......

So that's it for me, just the usual!

G
xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I have an ivitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)

Anonymous said...

I love spending time in the garden.

Do you really get snakes in the garden? Are they poinsonous?

Jayne said...

Getting warm with Joe Blakes coming out to "play" here in Melb, too.
Be careful!
Yay for Z17 (and yourself!) to be able to relax :)

Myst_72 said...

Widdle Shamrock ~ me too - always so much to be done here! Yes, I've had a snake Big A 'dealt' with it though it was close to the house. We have three types of snake in Tassie - tiger snake, copperhead and white lip the first two are deadly.

Jayne ~ *shudder* it was only the second one I've seen here in ten years, still scares the living daylights out of me though :)
I'm still in my dressing gown at 11.30am...he he!

G
xx