
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts yesterday.
Things have a way of creeping up and....BAM...whacking you fair in the face when you least expect it.
I am also the queen of delayed reaction.
Preparing for a new week.
Back to school....Ugghh....I have enjoyed the late starts/late finishes to the day which suit me, and always have!
A slower week work wise which fits in well with getting back into the school routine.
No order to pack this week - I had two off for the holidays, and one away for a few days to see a specialist in Hobart - so we didn't quite reach our minimum $1000 to have our order shipped.
New manager CM told me to let her know if we ever find ourselves in that situation again - and she will lower my minimum to $500 - wow - told you she was awesome.
In the past that would never had been allowed - it'd be "Nope - tough, too bad nothing I can do about it".
We still had an awesome week all up - it was just my personal team that were lagging a bit - but we will do 3 times better this week - so it's all good.
My brothers 40th birthday is fast approaching.
He is having approx 50 guests to a catered bbq at his house on the 4th October.
I asked him up here this morning to discuss lists and needs and delegating.
He's still single :-( so needs help with these things - otherwise we may get out there to find not enough cutlery or some small thing he wouldn't think of (toilet paper, cleaning the back deck, glasses etc etc).
So we have organised chairs/table/music/lighting/decorations also platters of nibbles, cleaning and so on.
It's going to be a great night!
We weren't close growing up - even though I have always been his sister and it was never about my being adopted - he was a typical older brother I guess. The only time he'd talk to me as a teenager was to order me out of the bathroom, or to offer me $5 to wash his car.
When his ex girlfriend was pregnant with his daughter, and left him, we became quite close.
I remember talking to him on the phone one night for an hour - an hour - my brother - talking - no way!!!
And of course with having his daughter every second Saturday night he's needed help along the way.
I put together a nice room for her at his house - her own room with fairy doona cover and Beatrix potter pictures on the wall, and curtains to match, a few Winnie the Pooh items thrown in.
Hey it wouldn't win any designer award (most was good quality stuff from the op shop, and I would have loved to paint the walls) but it was little girlish, clean, tidy and comfortable - and she loves her room at Daddy's.
Little One is now four years old - very gorgeous - very independent and organised (Mum has done a great job), she knows her routine and sticks to it.
Last time she came to stay at Daddy's he tells me they had a 'party' with party hats, paper plates etc - just the two of them - he said "We were going to have our party in the shed, but it was too cold" - how sweet!!
He's a good Dad, our Dad would be proud.
Now what to buy him for his birthday....he has given me some ideas but....??
G
xxx
8 comments:
Give him tickets to something he can take his daughter to. See a Barney show or Poka Dot Door show or whatever the Aussie equivalent of a big stuffed purple dragon is.
Sounds like you've gained some breathing ground, which knowing you, you will fill up with more work.
Take care and make sure you get enough sleep.
Warriorwoman - 'fill it up with more work' - umm yeah.
Big A just pointed out I have worked 12 hours straight - 'work' work with a bit of housework thrown in....oh well :-)
G
xx
Give him something that shows him you think he's a good Dad - and that your Dad would be proud.
I'll bet he needs to know that.
Make sure you read my Wednesday post.
Please.
Awww, your brother sounds lovely. My brother and I are not close and I don't think adoption has anything to do with it either.
So glad you have grown closer.
Lou ~ I'm there! I read every one of your posts!
Widdle Shamrock ~ he is a lovely brother (now that we're older!) - it's a shame he's still single :(
G
xx
Men are notoriously hard to buy for unless they're into a particular hobby/sport/obsession.
Get him something light-hearted he can share with his daughter ;)
I came here through Lou, and I remember having seen that bikini picture before, so I must have been lurking here that day!
Now, I'm not, I 've been browsing through your posts and I think you're a very caring gentle person, a woman with a mission, and I'm sure with all the positive energy you have inside of you, you'll make it!
Until we meet again ... take care!
Jayne ~ I will try and find just the right thing for him! He has said he'd like something he can keep....hmmm!
Jientje ~ Hello! Thank you for stopping by and commenting, always lovely to 'see' a new face. I will pop by to you - actually I may have already done so!
G
xx
Post a Comment