
I have been on a mission - to get some things sorted/finished.
I had a few jobs hanging over my head that aren't realy much - but I'm pleased they are done.
I had mapping to update (tricky!), a newsletter to write, a few emails to send...
I managed an afternoon in my
I went at it hammer and tongs - and was stiff in places I never knew existed Sunday!
It looks better....if I spent every day for the next 10 years out there I may get somewhere...*sigh*
Also managed 500 loads of washing, to sort my money for banking, put orders on the website, a few family phone calls that I should have made ages ago etc
Last week provided us with some stress to put it mildly.
Another letter from college.
Z17...
Naughty...
Well, computer crime naughty at least.
To cut a long story short....
Remember back in 'our day' kids would perhaps write silly comments about the principal in the toilets, or draw a picture on the blackboard with devil horns or some thing equally as clever??
Now they make a website about him....
And of course 'sons that haven't been in trouble for several years' contribute to said website.
The same son is then threatened with suspension.
Add to this the two day suspension from using the computer he received last month for playing a 'flash' game at school, and the warning he received the month or two before regarding using mozilla as a browser....
And it adds up to two very stressed parents.
Who of course solve this by arguing all day about it.
Our views on parenting are very very different.
This has all been taken very seriously, mostly due to the fact that the website linked to pages on wikipedia - pages son had never seen until they were sent home with 'the letter' from the principal. One of the pages was not complimentary to girls at the school.
In for a penny, in for a pound.
Because there was some involvement - he has been considered totally involved.
I know my son - he would NEVER be involved in the harrassment of girls, and was very very distressed to be accused of such.
Anyway I could go on but I won't.
He is in what appears to be a fine mess.
I will be dicussing this with the principal.
Add to this the fact that he had been very withdrawn and unhappy - not wanting to go to school - I was getting worried, I think I may have mentioned this a little while ago. This was partly to do with his main teacher leaving - a series of relief teachers - major disruption when you are ADD/OCD and need to know what you are doing!
His report (which arrived the day after the letter) was an improvement on the last one. It shows that he has been trying. He even scored an A- for part of his English writing - his report from this class was the weakest last time.
So we'll see. He is going to be 'on a contract' in lieu of suspension.
Hopefully as part of this he can be told exactly what he needs to do, and by when - preferably broken into time frames. He will be finished in two months. I think a traineeship is his best option. He loves his work and is doing very well there - heck they'd have him working every night if I let them!
The week started out disappointing - I spent $280 to have a wheel bearing replaced in my car - only for the mechanic to find it wasn't the problem. It wasn't his fault - he'd had another opinion also - they thought whell bearing too! So all up I've spent close to a grand on my car in the last two months - goody. Not like it's that old. Oh well ya get that. Still could have found better uses for a grand - a new stereo in it - some pimpin gear - new tyres - bah!
It was my Dad's 16 year memorial Friday.
I couldn't write about it (sorry Dad).
I had too much whirling around in my head.
And wanted to post part two of the dinner - before it was old news.
So I'm off to get ready for the Paediatrician this afternoon,
I hope he's not running late!!
G
xxx
4 comments:
Yikes, that's harsh that they're not allowed to use Mozilla as a browser :(
Hope things get sorted for Z17 soon.
What in the world is wrong with Mozilla as a browser?
So Z17 is a normal teenager, that's healthy.
500 loads eh? Wanna do mine too?
I'll pay you $280, seriously.
Jayne ~ they seem to think Mozilla is a security threat....hmmm! Thank you - me too :-(
Warriorwoman ~ Z17 and normal in the same sentence - quite a compliment actually! I expect some happenings with him it's just the way it's been handled that's floored me.
Seriously, I actually saw the bottom of the washing basket - however briefly!
Ha ha ha! $280 !!
G
xx
What? not enough? you want a raise?
Post a Comment