It has been.
So anyway - the tooth came out after a shitload of gas and 4 anaesthetics.
A $530 bill (thank god for medibank private)
A lovely young man to drive me home after (Possum).
The work dinner was nice, the food was average but I actually knew everyone there aside from one girl......gee it makes it so much easier!!! I think I may have even talked the most!! Social butterfly and all that *ahem* ha ha!
We went to the casino after and I actually won!! $220!! YAY!
Paid for the dentist - ha ha!
Sunday we took of for Hobart.
Went and saw Small Man's mate (the one who looks after his Mum) and dropped off his new computer. Young man had saved up for months, and last time he was here he gave the $ to Big A to order/build him a new computer.
We were excited to be able to give it to him.
Went and visited my Grandparents, always a pleasure, Pop is a crack up! The boys are highly amused. He and Small Man have a great bond, Small Man said he could sit and talk to him all day - he loves the war stories especially. As he said, there will be no-one to tell the stories soon....
Monday was the presentation day.
Very well done, it is good that distance education caters for those with a short attention span!! Not like a lot of school presentations we've been to that go on and on and on.
Small Man's mate received an award for outstanding service within the DET community - a cheque for $50 - I was so pleased for him, it's the least he deserves for caring for his Mum like he does.
We had a spectacular lunch (even if we did have to que up for bloody ages, and by the time we got to the front of the line I felt sick I was so hungry!).
Roast meat, baked veggies, salads, cold meat and the nicest pork crackle I've had in years :)
Desserts were cheesecake, pavlova and Christmas pudding with custard.
I played it safe (almonds, bloody almonds...they are often in cheesecake base and Xmas pudd) and had a little bowl of custard.
I took everything down to make lunch for Small Man and Possum, then Small Man's mate decided he'd like salami/swiss cheese with ranch dressing rolls also (that being his staple diet when he comes to stay) - so the boys were set :)
Had a lovely time with Small Man's other friend's (AJ) Mum.
AJ was grade ten this year so was whisked away for a leavers lunch somewhere.
It's lovely the effort they go to for the young people to make it special.
I'm not sure how I feel about next year - on the one hand I'd like him to have the big high school leavers dinner, but then, they are not his mates any more - he doesn't share all of the memories with them that he does with his teachers and friends now.......dilemmas! Watching him interact with everyone I realised that this is his school now, he fits.
I will see how he feels....either way he will be doing distance ed again at least for the first term next year, possibly all year, possibly part time at the high school, we'll see.
Some VERY EXCITING NEWS!!!
It doesn't rain it pours for old Possum.
First day back at work yesterday with a 7am start........OUCH....ha ha!
Yesterday morning we receive a phone call from one of the job agencies he's applied for a job through....
'Possum hasn't got a full time job yet?' the caller asks Big A when he tells them he's at work
'No, not yet' says Big A
'Good, we'd like to interview him for the IT traineeship as soon as possible'
Long story short Possum finished work a bit earlier than we expected, rang the guy and went for an interview at 4.15pm yesterday!!
45 minutes (a literacy and numeracy test later) he comes out grinning from ear to ear - he is being put on the short list for a second interview at the high school that is offering the traineeship :)
The job is exactly what he wants to do.........fingers crossed for him......!!
And me, well this 'where the tooth used to be' ache isn't quite where I wanted it to be.
I hadn't slept for more than a few hours at a time for a week, until we got back Monday night and all I want to do is sleep now......
I have RSVP's for just over 60 people for the Xmas party Sunday - I've got to get cracking.......perhaps not sitting here in my dressing gown might be a good start....I dunno!
I will call it designated planning time - I have made lists in my head and am mentally prepared......
If I'm no better tomorrow I'll go back to the million dollar man and see what he reckons.....
stupid bloody appointments driving me round the twist......
G
xx
5 comments:
Glad you've gotten your tooth sorted. Rest. Get better. And accept a BIG HUG.
Phew! Glad the tooth is gone.
Good luck to Possum Yay!
Hope your tooth hole heals quickly.
Keeping my fingers crossed for the IT job. Sounds perfect!
Gargle lots of salt water to help your mouth and fingers crossed for Possum, that's great news to finish the year on!
over $500 for a tooth?
the cats tooth cost $537 a couple of years ago.
it's close but goes to show, cats cost more than humans.
i hope he gets the job, would be a feather in his cap, aaaaand a job. nice.
good luck possum.
Post a Comment