Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FIREWORKS!







Indeed there were!

Some favourite photos of Z16 and Small Man - and a few random fireworks from 'Cracker Night' Saturday Night...

I took the boys up to 'The Lakes' to Mums shack.
It was a freezing night, as it always is up there.
They had a ball!
Big A had to work night shift for the weekend - so I loaded up with explosives, coke and pumpkin soup and up we trekked!

A good night - SF had to spoil it later of course - more on that later.

I think I'm still thawing out!

G
xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

its getting a tad cold to be outside at night but I do love fireworks...w.w.

Lceel said...

This is the end of May - but it feels like March. Glad the fireworks went off well and no one was hurt.

Myst_72 said...

w.w. - the fireworks were awesome! Hard to capture in photos - the videos turned out better!

Iceel - The 'lakes' we went to are Arthurs Lake here in Tasmania - it's an hour and a half drive uphill (including 10km of windy road!) - so just to get there in one piece feels like a bonus (to me anyway - I hate long drives)!
Thankfully now that the boys are older and responsible I don't have to worry as much with them and the fireworks these days.

:-)

G
xx

Jen said...

thanks for you comments G, i have added you as a friend on facebook and my email address is there in my contact information. Thanks again.
Jen
xoxo

Sully Sullivan said...

The only thing better than fireworks is watching someone who doesn't know how to use them...use them. Hilarious. Glad you guys all seem to know your way around explosions.

http://yeahtotallyright.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I do like fireworks, they're like a package of crayola exploding.

your SF needs a boot, I can already tell. Would you like me to send you a boot for the occasion?
I see him as a person who likes to make himself feel better by making someone else look/feel bad.
However, none of my beeswax.

And lucky you with the family fun stuff you do.

Myst_72 said...

Sully - true - we have to get a permit here these days...!

Warriorwoman - it's o.k. I'm paying him back - making him work (pick Z16 up from work tomorrow night and bring him home for us cos we're going out). He's feeling guilty so will agree to anything for the moment. *Evil cackle* - he'll be sorry. But send the boot for backup!!!

G
xx

Anonymous said...

those fireworks pics are amazing! Glad you all had a wonderful time. Mostly.

Anonymous said...

Looks cool.

Sorry SF spoiled it.

Myst_72 said...

Thanks Kelley & Widdle Shamrock!

It was fun, despite the killjoy!

G
xx

Unknown said...

gina i LOVE the LAKES and Marcs aunty still has a shck up there too- so many wonderful times up at the lakes in the shack- do you know Jenni Fisher ?

Myst_72 said...

Hi Lisa,

No, I don't know Jenni - would have to ask Mum!

G
xx