Sunday, June 2, 2013

Kind Of Caught It


I have been having these tachycardia 'events' for years

Have never been able to catch it with a monitor or ECG etc

I had an event the other night and thought to whip out my handy little blood pressure monitor and try and catch it


I think it gives an average of the heart rate ~ it was well over 180 bpm a few times.
I think I did well to get the machine on, and photograph it in the middle of one of my 'heart attacks' as I call them.
I guess I am used to them by now.
Only once have I struggled to stop it ~ I can slow my heart rate back down eventually but it takes a lot of breath holding and flipping over 'valsalva maneuver' or something it's called 

5 comments:

Lydia La La said...

Fucking hell, girl.. you're only a baby and this shit is happening!!! Looks like more medication is on the cards.... love from me.xo

Myst_72 said...

If only I could get them to take me seriously.
Thanks Love xxx

Unknown said...

gosh that's scary stuff AND you own a blood pressure machine. I own valium, lol, so blood pressure stays put. Lisa x

Myst_72 said...

Haha Lisa ;)

I bought the machine to keep an eye on Small Man's blood pressure as I believe he has Orthostatic Intolerance - or POTS.
Mine is usually fairly normal x

Myst_72 said...

p.s. It was $20 ;)