Sunday, March 15, 2009

Difficult

Feeling so much sympathy for my NM's (natural mother) family at the moment.

NM's sisters 19 year old son was killed in an accident on a fishing boat at Dover here in Tasmania - where my NM grew up.

I just read the story - crushed to death.

She messaged me last night to let me know.

It's not often I find it hard to know what to do - but I have no idea what to do.

It's not the same as my 'family'.
I can't/won't cross the invisible line that I believe is there - between the family I have always known, and the family I barely know.

Maybe I feel I have no right to 'intrude'.

I am just feeling the pain and anguish, knowing how I would be if it were one of my sons.
My heart goes out to them.

I'm torn between wanting to go down and be there for NM - even if just to meet her when she gets off the plane.....do I send flowers? A card?
They barely know me.

Either way I will be sending them love and strength.

Rest in peace my cousin.
One day we will meet.

G
xx






7 comments:

Natalie said...

How awful!

G. I would send some flowers with a card. Write something caring, if you feel you can't actually say it.
It is something that I believe should be acknowledged.

Too, sad.

Tania said...

I'm so sorry G :(

yes send a card

xx

Unknown said...

oh gina- what a time for you- like you, i dont think i would know which way to turn.
sending love dear friend xx

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry G, that's awful. Please send a card, do what you feel you need or want to - they will be touched to know you care so much.
Take care.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hugs G, big big hugs.

Do what you feel comfortable with.

I know for me, I would go down. I have attended birth family funerals and weddings and birthdays. I see it as much my 'right' as any other family member.

It is odd being there, belonging there on one level, yet not on another.

Light and love to you, and your Birth family.

Blessed be.

The Tall Red Head said...

That is terrible Gina. A very hard thing to deal with. Sending a card is a good thing, but they don't all know about you do they? That does make it difficult. Lots of love to you xoxox

Myst_72 said...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this and understanding.
Toni you have hit the nail on the head - not all of them know me and I wouldn't want to cause any further problems by sort of 'appearing' at a time like this.
NM's kids don't know who I am (as in that I'm their half sister - she hasn't told them yet - long story).
It would be too easy at a time like this for something to be said accidentally....

Love to you all,
and thank you again,

G
xx